Summary of Position:
This person is a vital team member who provides administrative support for all who walk through our doors, as well as the staff in normal daily functions. Assists with planning, coordination and support for Cornerstone events in assigned area.
Administrative Assistant Areas of Responsibility:
- Engage in professional, hospitable, and courteous electronic, phone, and in-person communication.
- Greet persons entering the office, determine nature and purpose of visit, and connect them to corresponding destinations/person, according to church policies and protocols.
- Perform general tasks, such as: collating, transcribing, organizing, creating documents, laminating, presentation/binder elements, acknowledgements, celebrations, etc. in support of church staff/leadership.
- Process check requests, reimbursements, and any other finance documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Operate computers, web-based programs, office tools to work on the development of engagement items, timesheets, invoices, budgets, or other documents.
- Expedite supply orders, as needed or required.
- Facilitate general or ministry-specific meetings (reservations, setting, etc.) and provide assistance with meeting logistics and hospitality.
- Conduct minor research projects for various staff, elders, or ministries in an effective and efficient manner.
- Calling in service requests and maintenance for printers and office machines.
Assigned Ministry-Specific Functions:
- Understand that our first calling is to serve the whole church, followed by serving in our specific ministry area.
- Maintains calendars, makes appointments and travel arrangements for assigned staff.
- Receives and screens telephone calls and emails for assigned area(s).
- Manages development of resources and meets deadlines of assigned projects.
- Prepares monthly expense reports for assigned staff.
- May be called on to help coordinate ministry events, banquets, staff meetings, etc.
*Essential Functions include the fundamental job duties that you must be able to perform on your own or with the help of a reasonable accommodation. A job function may be considered essential if (1) the position exists to perform that function, (2) there are only a limited number of employees available to perform that function, or (3) the function is highly specialized and requires expertise.
Requirements and Working Conditions of Position:
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education and experience. Requires strong time management, communication, relational, and planning skills.
Experience in a ministry setting.
Working in team setting, supporting multiple staff.
Familiarity with multi-cultural settings.
Personal engagement with Cornerstone Church (preferably minimum of 1-3 years)
1-2 years in a support role, including experience in an office environment with significant customer service emphasis.
Competencies & Skills:
Computer and Internet proficiency. Efficient with Google Apps and collaborative environment, Microsoft and Windows applications, databases development and management, and web technologies; aptitude for other programs as needed.
Effectively and efficiently communicate with public in both oral and written form.
Ability to operate with discretion and confidentiality at all times.
Works well under pressure and is able to accomplish multiple tasks, delegated by multiple staff, and at times with conflicting priorities and timelines.
Ability to track and report progress on a wide range of tasks, simultaneously.
Detail oriented, strong organization, prioritization and time-management skills are eminent.
Excels in attention to detail with high level of accuracy.
Ability to respond to and deal with a range of ad hoc queries/requests.
Maintains flexibility in approach and adjusts actions when appropriate.
Ability to coordinate and manage logistics for small and large meetings.
Excellent people skills: flexible, adaptive and embracing diversity of schedules, backgrounds, formats, contexts, personalities, etc.
Self-starter, with the ability to work independently.
Displays grace, a willingness to learn, embracing change, and has a strong desire to serve in to meet needs, large or small.
Flexible schedule; available to work nights and/or weekends when needed.
Continue to grow as a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ and a servant leader for Cornerstone.
Spend daily time in prayer and in the Word.
Model servant leadership.
Pursue integrity, serving, teamwork and excellence both privately and publicly.
Sharpen skills through continued learning.
Foster a coachable, approachable, humble spirit.
Able to work well in a professional office setting. Must be versatile and able to work for prolonged segments sitting or standing. Must engage frequently with office tools and equipment, such as: computer, copier, phone, web-conferencing equipment, cell communication, printers, etc. Must be able to occasionally lift or move items, less than 25lbs.
Reports to: Office Manager & Oversight Pastor/Director
Hourly (20-25 hours per week)
We are now accepting new applicants for this position! Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.